Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This past week was probably one of the worst weeks I have been through during my time abroad. I have realize how much I appreciate home. Being here I can already tell that I am growing stronger as a person. I am become less reliant on my car, cell phone, and in some way my family. I will always be close with my family especially my mom, she is more than my mom she is my best friend. Up until this trip I didn't think I would be able to go away from home for such a long time and yes I miss my mommy, my little sister, and my whole family but I realize I can do this and I don't need them by my side (as much as I wish they could be). I am very grateful in a way I get to realize this about myself and have this opportunity to grow as person.

Our field trip this Friday (October 14) was to Kilkenny. While we were there we went to the castle and Smithwick's brewery. I loved Kilkenny, the town was so lovely and there was towns of shopping shops. I am planning on going back for a day so that I can fully look around and see what the town has to offer and of course do some shopping.

I am very pleased to say that tomorrow morning I'll be on a flight to GERMANY!! Yay! Germany is some where I have wanted to go to for a long long time! My great-grandmother was an ancestor from there and she passed away when I was a baby. During my time there I will get to go to Heidelberg and see exactly where she came from. This is really special to me because I am the first out of my family to actually be able to go to Germany and see where my great-grandmother came from. All I can say is that I am very excited and my feelings are seriously indescribable!!

Well I need to go pack :) I can't wait to share my Germany stories with you!!
60 more days.. I can't wait

No comments:

Post a Comment