Friday, November 4, 2011

It has been a little while since I lasted blogged we have had a busy time. Last week October 28 our field trip was to Dublin. Our first stop was to the Dublin-Kilmainham Goal which was one of the first jails to use isolation. It was pretty neat to see what the cells along with the jail looked like. After that we went to Trinity College and looked at the Book of Kells. It was nice to see more of a college setting rather than what our college is like here in Carlow.

After our field Chrissy, Shawna and I decided to stay in Dublin for the night. That night we did Dublin's Ghost walk, it was a great time. Keeping in mind during our field trip Eric had warned us to not go on the Northside of Dublin at night. Well little did we know the ghost walk took place in the Northside of Dublin. The first half an hour was great, I enjoyed very second and it was really fascinating. When we got to one part of our tour there was a pub on the corner and about 25 ten year old children surrounding it. Their parents have been inside the pub getting drunk I am guessing.. these kids pretty much attacked us. I have never felt so threaten by children before in my life. They began throwing rocks and mooning us it was crazy! Needless to say after this happened we couldn't get the group back on track. It was still a good night and now thinking back... it is really funny.

The next day we went with Chrissy to pick up her sister and her brother-in-law from the airport. This brought a lot of emotions out in me. I was crying in the airport because I was thinking about when I finally get to see my family!! It was a bitter sweet moment. I also couldn't stop thinking about how my boyfriend is coming in less than a week and how amazing it is going to be to see him!! ugh only 43 more days until I am home with my mommy and the rest of my family.. I seriously can't wait for that moment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment